Skip to main content

New Year New Resolutions

In an effort to get organized this year I discovered that All People Quilt is doing a UFO Challenge.  It seems like they have been doing this for quite awhile now...how did I miss this?

They had drawn early for the January project so when I came on board #6 was chosen as the January UFO.  I then decided to change my list because I wanted to get a Valentine project done and a cowl knitted for my dear friend's birthday at the end of the month.  I have a feeling that I might be re-adjusting my project list a few times.  ðŸ˜‰

I made two lists...one for sewing and one for knitting.



I am making good progress on my #6 for knitting and hoping it gets down in the next week so I can get it in the mail to her before her birthday!  However the baby is "needing" some new booties so I need to get that done because as you know "what the baby wants the baby gets"!  :)

I did finally started on the Valentine quilts/pillows last night.  I had an Etsy order that needed to get done so I was busy working on that.  January is always hard because you have all those Christmas decorations to put away which means re-organizing the storage room etc, etc.

I have had two Sandy Gervais Valentine panels and fabrics for quite awhile and decided that if I didn't use them this year I was going to gift them to a friend who really wants them. 

The idea is to turn one into a wall hanging and the others into pillows. The post cards will hang one one of my picture frames.



 Last night I worked on one of the panels which had post cards and they were perfect the perfect size for playing with free motion quilting (other than the basic stippling which I am always using).








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we are again...

As I started my blog adventures again, I decided to spend a few posts reflecting on life during the hieght of the pandemic.  But now, after a few months of various vaccines being available, and a few months of mask mandates being lifted and the hope of life returning to normal.... mask mandates are now coming into effect again.  There is a surge in variants of COVID, especially the "Delta variant".  There are increases in those testing postive and increases in those being hospitalized.  At this time only 45% of Kansans and 50% of the US population are vaccinated.  We are a long ways from herd immunity people!! On Friday K-State issued the mask mandate again just as employees are heading back to campus today. USD383 issued a mask mandate for everyone and as far as I can tell when kids return in the fall: I just feel like we are going backwards instead of forwards. Most of those that are being hospitalized are those who are not vaccinated and many of them ar...

Patchwork Blocks

I have never participated in a block of the month (BOM) before.  But when Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life blog created her 2017 Block of Month, I decided I would participate. I wanted to do a project that would make use of the fabric in my stash.  I had been collecting batiks for the past few years and have been waiting for a pattern to incorporate them.  After the first two blocks were done I was sold! I love how the blocks started out.    And finally this last week I was able to catch up.  I am a little worried as I running out of my background fabric and I can't seem to find anymore of it.  I am hoping I will have enough to finish the last two blocks.  I'll worry about fabric for finishing later.   The block patterns are wonderful as you can use the left over triangle pieces from the flying geese for half triangle pieces in other blocks.    Sherri gave us one extra quilt block that can be used if we...

Sewing interruptions

Sometimes the sewing needs to get put aside for real life.  This is one of those times. My husband and I have lately been maniacs about our house remodel.  Early this year, what started out to be painting walls ended up in a total remodel of our upstairs... New doors, bathroom sinks, new bathroom floor, kitchen countertops, stained cupboards, kitchen tile etc etc It took us 7 months.  I thought we would take a break.  He wanted to redo the landscape in the front.   So out can 25 yr old bushes, a basketball goal etc etc I thought we would take a break.  Now we are repainting our house...in July...when the heat index is 110!! The mister clearly needs to leave town and quickly...  please someone call a water conference ASAP!!!