Skip to main content

And the UFO for May Is....


I've been a little busy so there are lots of things for me to catch up on.  First of all I did not get much done on the UFO Challenge for April.  I did get some baby booties done and delivered.  I do hope that the moms will send me pictures of their little ones with cute little feet.

As far as quilting is concerned.. not much got accomplished in April, maybe May will be more productive.


The UFO for May is.....


And according to my lists this is what I have scheduled.....


The good news is that I started my LOVE quilt in March when I was on the quilt retreat.  The LOVE blocks are all done.  I have a few more small squares to cut up but then I should be able start sewing on it again.  Knitting is always difficult.  I should of worked on the cowl while I was on a conference last week but I needed to get some booties done for some upcoming new mamas.


Because of this week long conference,  I have had a chance to get lots of knitting done, which means that I have been sitting through lots and lots of presentations!  I got this little guy done in one morning of presentations from 9am-12:30... obviously I was hoping the faster that I knitted, the faster it would be over!


The other matching bootie is done and once I get the tie and pom poms on, it is headed for a new mama and her wee one in June.  I just love this yarn and I have enough to  make another pair.  I wish I would of kept the yarn information but I am just not very good at that!


April wasn't much of a month for crafting.  It was a busy month but I am hoping that May will give me more quilting/sewing time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Quilt Retreat

It's been a busy March so far and it all started with a Spring Quilt Retreat with my favorite "Crazy Eights"! We tried a different venue for our quilt retreat and I would say we hit a home run with Sew Cozy Quilt Lodge .  The place sleeps 10 with five bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths.  Each "themed" bedroom has a twin bed...and I say "themed" because the decor in each bedroom is just cute as can be.  The best part about the place is the quilt/sewing room!  Each person has 2 two tables and a design wall!! We had seven of our members present for this retreat and there was so much beauty being created! The "LOVE" squares were my work.  For the first day I decided I would tackle a UFO which really wasn't a quilting project.  I had an old rocking chair that needed a new slipcover.  I have had the fabric for several months.  I didn't have much motivation to work on the slipcover.  I order to go on the retreat I told myself I had to work on

Book Shelf Retirement Quilt

Another woman is retiring from the library.  Mary has been a large part of the library quilting group and has been involved in so many retirement quilts for others.  So many of the original library quilting group have retired and she was basically one of the last ones left.  Three of us from the library along with three others who work on campus or are retired librarians decided to work on a quilt for her.  And now that it is her turn and we wanted to make her something really nice.We know she wanted a book shelf quilt and we used this pattern to make her one: Everyone used the same background fabric and we used our stash to make the bookends.  When I put them together, the scrappiness of all the bookends gave the quilt such a wonderful look.  The sashing in between the blocks was used to have colleagues sign and leave messages of farewell and good luck for Mary.  I made three of the blocks for this quilt.  The first block in on the second row and has a the purple books and the

It's the weekend!

It's the weekend and my head is just spinning with all the things that I want to get done! Do I work on the first block of Leah Day's Machine  Quilting Block Party?                                                                             Do I keep the same color combinations or do I make it scrappy and try to use scraps from my stash? Or do I just buy a bunch of the same fabric and make all the blocks the same?  So many choices and so many decisions!!     I also have 2 orders on my Etsy site which need to get started.  My goal for the store this year was to try to get at list one quilt order a month and so far I am there.  The next one will look just like the last one I did but she does not want buttons used for the eyes and nostrils: I also want to work on my Style Arc Estelle Jacket. I bought these ponte knit from Joann's.  I made both colors for my oldest daughter and they just fit the pattern style so well.  I went back and bought more ya