Skip to main content

Jelly Roll Finish

I am a little behind on my blogging but it's been a busy few weeks.  I watched the "grand" this past weekend.  It left me wondering how I managed to raise four children...but I had so much fun!


This face just kills me!


And she kept me on her toes!

She has stolen her Nana's heart!

And now back to our regular program... I did manage to get my Jelly Roll project done and I love how it turned out!


I was able to piece the leftover blocks together to create the back for the quilt.


I love how this quilt was made from fabric in my stash!!


I was also able to use some of the smaller pieced blocks to make a quilt label and holder!

I haven't figured out what I am going to do with this quilt.  I'm not ready to give it up so I may just have to find a place to hang it in my sewing room!  I love this project and I love this pattern.  I can't wait to make it again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we are again...

As I started my blog adventures again, I decided to spend a few posts reflecting on life during the hieght of the pandemic.  But now, after a few months of various vaccines being available, and a few months of mask mandates being lifted and the hope of life returning to normal.... mask mandates are now coming into effect again.  There is a surge in variants of COVID, especially the "Delta variant".  There are increases in those testing postive and increases in those being hospitalized.  At this time only 45% of Kansans and 50% of the US population are vaccinated.  We are a long ways from herd immunity people!! On Friday K-State issued the mask mandate again just as employees are heading back to campus today. USD383 issued a mask mandate for everyone and as far as I can tell when kids return in the fall: I just feel like we are going backwards instead of forwards. Most of those that are being hospitalized are those who are not vaccinated and many of them ar...

Patchwork Blocks

I have never participated in a block of the month (BOM) before.  But when Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life blog created her 2017 Block of Month, I decided I would participate. I wanted to do a project that would make use of the fabric in my stash.  I had been collecting batiks for the past few years and have been waiting for a pattern to incorporate them.  After the first two blocks were done I was sold! I love how the blocks started out.    And finally this last week I was able to catch up.  I am a little worried as I running out of my background fabric and I can't seem to find anymore of it.  I am hoping I will have enough to finish the last two blocks.  I'll worry about fabric for finishing later.   The block patterns are wonderful as you can use the left over triangle pieces from the flying geese for half triangle pieces in other blocks.    Sherri gave us one extra quilt block that can be used if we...

Sewing interruptions

Sometimes the sewing needs to get put aside for real life.  This is one of those times. My husband and I have lately been maniacs about our house remodel.  Early this year, what started out to be painting walls ended up in a total remodel of our upstairs... New doors, bathroom sinks, new bathroom floor, kitchen countertops, stained cupboards, kitchen tile etc etc It took us 7 months.  I thought we would take a break.  He wanted to redo the landscape in the front.   So out can 25 yr old bushes, a basketball goal etc etc I thought we would take a break.  Now we are repainting our house...in July...when the heat index is 110!! The mister clearly needs to leave town and quickly...  please someone call a water conference ASAP!!!