Skip to main content

Family vacation... sort of

At the last minute Dani ditched their plans to to to Minneapolis on vacation and asked if we would be interested in going to Branson with them..... of course we would!   We have toyed with the idea of doing a big family vacation over the summer and this might be a nice road test.

Of course every vacation should have beer and plenty of it!

There was a pool so of course we spent some time there!





                                                                  
 Except for Papa, who never gets in the pool!!

There was a trip to the zoo to see lots of fish, singing Dingoes, little monkeys and lots of snakes...



And vacation would not be complete without a trip to a local quilt shop... and this one did not disappoint!

 


AJ and Karly came up to join us!


And there was a boat and some lake swimming!

And of course a trip to McDonald's with Mimi and Papa...ice cream was the best part! 

 And of course shopping with Mimi to buy Roxy her own baby bottle!

And Roxy never went hungry again....

 Hmmm.....bad hair day?  
Like Father, like Daughter...the apple did not fall to far from the tree!

Papa and Daddy teaching Madden how to play farm..."don't forget to load up the dead cows!" 
(we are not sure what is going on with the diaper....)
 


 And the evenings would not be complete with out bath time with Papa....
 

We will miss getting our morning wake up call "Mimi, Papa!!" and little footsteps running into our room and the cutest little girl jumping in bed to join us!

We are definitely going to do this again... but next time we are hoping the while family will join us.  All we need to do is find a place that will hold 10 adults and 3 kids!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we are again...

As I started my blog adventures again, I decided to spend a few posts reflecting on life during the hieght of the pandemic.  But now, after a few months of various vaccines being available, and a few months of mask mandates being lifted and the hope of life returning to normal.... mask mandates are now coming into effect again.  There is a surge in variants of COVID, especially the "Delta variant".  There are increases in those testing postive and increases in those being hospitalized.  At this time only 45% of Kansans and 50% of the US population are vaccinated.  We are a long ways from herd immunity people!! On Friday K-State issued the mask mandate again just as employees are heading back to campus today. USD383 issued a mask mandate for everyone and as far as I can tell when kids return in the fall: I just feel like we are going backwards instead of forwards. Most of those that are being hospitalized are those who are not vaccinated and many of them ar...

Patchwork Blocks

I have never participated in a block of the month (BOM) before.  But when Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life blog created her 2017 Block of Month, I decided I would participate. I wanted to do a project that would make use of the fabric in my stash.  I had been collecting batiks for the past few years and have been waiting for a pattern to incorporate them.  After the first two blocks were done I was sold! I love how the blocks started out.    And finally this last week I was able to catch up.  I am a little worried as I running out of my background fabric and I can't seem to find anymore of it.  I am hoping I will have enough to finish the last two blocks.  I'll worry about fabric for finishing later.   The block patterns are wonderful as you can use the left over triangle pieces from the flying geese for half triangle pieces in other blocks.    Sherri gave us one extra quilt block that can be used if we...

Sewing interruptions

Sometimes the sewing needs to get put aside for real life.  This is one of those times. My husband and I have lately been maniacs about our house remodel.  Early this year, what started out to be painting walls ended up in a total remodel of our upstairs... New doors, bathroom sinks, new bathroom floor, kitchen countertops, stained cupboards, kitchen tile etc etc It took us 7 months.  I thought we would take a break.  He wanted to redo the landscape in the front.   So out can 25 yr old bushes, a basketball goal etc etc I thought we would take a break.  Now we are repainting our house...in July...when the heat index is 110!! The mister clearly needs to leave town and quickly...  please someone call a water conference ASAP!!!